Post surgery

I am feeling really grateful for the outpouring of prayers and support we have received today.  Thanks to everyone. I know many of our ministry partners haven’t even gotten the news, but I know they will be praying as John recovers.

As to the surgery itself, it went very well! The tumor was not what the doctor originally thought. It turned out not to be in the nerve itself, which was a great blessing.  The doctor didn’t even have to touch the nerve during the surgery.  The mass was about the size of your palm, and had a jelly-like consistancy. Wierd, huh?  They do a biopsy immediately on the tumor, then once the results are in, they remove it.  It was 100% benign. Another blessing. 

 The surgery lasted about an hour.  John was in the recovery room for about 2 hours, then I got to come in and see him until he was ready to go home.  He looked real good when I first saw him.  During his previous nose surgeries, he always looked real pale and not like himself because of the operation on his face. This time though, he looked very normal and had a big smile for me when I came in.

We got home around 9pm tonight, after a visit to the pharmacist.  We ate some dinner, and he quickly fell asleep in the recliner. He has been saying all day how much he is looking forward to a good night sleep tonight. Since this pain started, he has only been getting 4 hours of sleep before the pain would wake him up.

I just put him to bed and I am sure he is already sleeping soundly.  He is one of those who can fall asleep in 1 minute.  Me, I take minutes to hours to fall asleep.  Oh well.  Good for him. 🙂

Thanks again for your prayers. 


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s