As the summer winds down, we want to update you on some big changes occurring in our lives. In the coming weeks, we will be transitioning off staff with Cru and heading in a new direction—to work in the marketplace.
While this probably seems sudden to you, know that we have been on a two-year journey seeking, praying and trusting the Lord for what he has in store for us. We are excited to see what he has planned for us as we enter the mission field of the marketplace.
We want to express our gratitude for your many years of friendship, prayers and financial investment in both us, and our ministry. Through you, many students have had the opportunity to hear the message of the gospel, grow in their faith, and leave college as ambassadors for Christ.
Celebrate with us as we look back on all God has allowed us to be a part of for 18 years:
- John’s first day on campus, the day he met Mike Case, a freshman who wanted to know more about Jesus
- Small group bible studies: watching Jesus change the lives of young men and women
- Leading summer mission trips and investing in the lives of students
- Mobilizing and sending thousands of students on summer missions to traverse the globe sharing Jesus and the message of the gospel
- Using our God given talents to facilitate opportunities for students to engage with Jesus
- John’s five-year cancer journey—your prayers, love and friendship kept us going and focussed on Christ
- Mobilizing and sending the next generation of missionaries as we coached future missionaries
- Knowing that the truth found in the gospel, is never changing and always life changing
As a part of our severance package with Cru, we will continue to receive paychecks through November as funds are available. The last day that we will be able to receive gifts is November 5th and we would greatly appreciate your continued giving through then. Doing so will help us receive severance paychecks, cover outstanding reimbursements and other ministry expenses.
We also want to ask you to prayerfully consider making a special gift donation that is tax-deductible to assist us in our transition. You can do so at http://give.cru.org/0470410.
If you are giving through EFT you will need to contact Cru in order to have your giving to stop, otherwise it will go into a general fund after the November 5th date. To stop your online giving you can call 1-888-278-7233 and select prompt #1, then #1, or you can email eGift@cru.org.
Once again, thank you! We are grateful for your friendship, prayers and faithful partnership over the years that has meant more to us than we can possibly express. The lives you have touched span the globe as students of this generation go forth as ambassadors for Christ. God bless.
John and Kristin